♥BLUSH&FILES♥

♥♥♥

W E L C O M E


" ​We are roomies with a love and passion for hairstyles, make up and nails! Here's a short write up about ourselves:

SIYING

I was very interested in nail art in 2008 and have been passionately painting my nails ever since. I see nail art and make up as an outlet to relieve stress because there is no fixed structure and the styles are all up to me, so the possibilities are endlessly fun.


CARMEN

My love for nail art led me to pursue a full nail course by Odyssey Nail Systems(ONS), USA. My interest in makeup and nails has led me to collaborate with my roommie to have this site to share our passion with others and to motivate us to continue to improve and polish our skills:)"






Happy Father's Day }
Wednesday 24 June 2015 | 17:32 | 0Comment

Hey lovelies,
Blushandfiles wishes all fathers a belated but nonetheless happy father's day! The previous weekend has been a really busy one for me as I was flooded with school commitments and also planning for a family outing to celebrate Father's Day. 

The schedule for last Sunday was as follow:

(a)1.00 pm: The Deep Exhibition @ ArtScience Museum Singapore
(b) 4.30 pm: Make Your Own Glowing Anglerfish Workshop
(c) 6.30 pm: Dinner @ The Boiler
(d) 9.00 pm: Cake Cutting 
_________________________________________________________________________________

(a)

Googly-eyed Glass Squid

Bioluminescent #1

Bioluminescent #2

Neocyttus rhomboidalis
or more affectionately known as Spiky Oreo~

Anglerfish~


(b)

Make Your Own Anglerfish Kit
While we were colouring, my dad was amusing himself.. There are no limits to how lame a Dad can be.. (tsk tsk)
Our demonic Anglerfish #1
Our demonic Anglerfish #2
Lining up our demonic Anglerfish #1, #2, #3
(c)
 It was a little difficult to find this place. We took the Circle Line to Tai Seng (Exit B) and had to cross 1-2 streets to get to this place. It's a little secluded but the dining experience is really quite unique and worth the mini adventure figuring out the location.

The Boiler~
Menu
What we ordered; 3 x Buttered rice $2.00, Sweet potato fries $6.90, [Mild] Boiler's Bombdiggity Bag $145
Enough to fill 5 people if you are not a very big eater. 
 The buttered rice kind of tastes like chicken rice, goes pretty well with the mildly spicy sauce that our seafood comes in. A hearty meal in general. The staff will give you a small plastic pouch to put your hand phones in, so you can still text/take pic on your precious phone while enjoying your meal.
ps: This pic was taken with my phone in the plastic pouch.

(d) 
I made this No Bake Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake a day in advance as it needs at least 4 hours to chill in the fridge. For the full recipe, check out this website.

Step 1: Crush the digestive biscuits
Step 2: Melt the butter and mix it in with the biscuits crumbs and flatten to form the base
Step 3: Slice up the fresh strawberries into quarters, add in the sugar and cook it over low heat
Step 4: I was supposed to puree the cooked down strawberries, but I was too lazy (haha), so I just strained the mixture. Maybe that's why my cake was not as red as I hoped it to be (oops!)
Step 5: Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5-10 minutes
Step 6: Melt the gelatin over low heat and stir it into the strawberry mixture
Step 7: Repeat the gelatin steps with the melted white chocolate cream mixture
Step 8: Whip the nestle cream and add in the chocolate mixture, pour it over the biscuit crust and place it in the fridge for around 20 minutes
Step 9: Repeat the whip cream steps with the strawberry mixture and pour it over the semi-hardened white chocolate layer and garnish with more fresh Strawberries
The final product~
Summary of the day 21.06.2015

,

Si Ying (Sharlene)